After watching What the Health and other documentaries I know that more people are searching for vegetarian recipes. With so many people making the switch to a more plant based diet I wanted to share with you one of my favorite vegetarian recipe which happens to be a curry stew. I recently posted a photo on my Instagram of this delicious vegetarian stew that I made. So many of you really liked the photo and wanted all the details.
I am a firm believer that vegan or vegetarian food should still taste good! This one is packed with flavor, nutritious, and filling. You can enjoy it with your favorite rice, roti, fried dumplings, or just make a wrap using tortilla. If you would like to watch the video to see how I make this please click HERE.
To make this vegetarian curry stew I used some curry powder, added some soy chunks and chickpeas aka garbanzo beans. I promise you that this is a meal that the entire family will enjoy. I do plan on sharing more vegetarian friendly recipes with you all, so please stay tuned for that. The recipe and directions are listed below.
Vegetarian Curry Stew | The Jamaican Mother
- 2 cups Soy Chunks
- 1-15.5 oz. can of Chickpeas aka Garbanzo Beans
- 3 TBSP Curry Powder
- 3 Potatoes
- 6 Medium Carrots
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Scotch Bonnet Bell Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp All Purpose Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soak soy chunks in water for 10 minutes
- Peel potatoes then dice them
- Chop carrots, bell peppers, onion,& Scotch Bonnet pepper
- Boil carrots and potatoes for 10 minutes
- After soaking soy chunks boil them for 10 minutes
- Heat pot to medium and add oil
- Add chopped ingredients and ground seasonings (all purpose powder, salt and pepper) then stir
- Add curry powder to pot and stir
- Add chickpeas aka garbanzo beans then stir
- Cover pot and cook for 30 minutes (Be sure to stir ever so often)
- After 15-20 minutes add 1/2 cup of water and stir
- After 30 minutes add potatoes, carrots and soy chunks
- Combine everything
- Enjoy : )
If you know a friend or family member who would love to make this, please share this post. Sharing is caring : ) Also, please be sure to like my Facebook page, follow me on Instagram and Twitter. If you haven’t already, please subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on the notifications so that you know when I upload new videos.
Thanks so much for all your support!